Scope & Application
Bestway Limos values its customers’ privacy. This Policy outlines the information we collect and how it is used to provide the Services and improve our customer experience. This Policy applies to persons anywhere in the world who use the Services to request charter-bus transportation (“Users”). This Policy does not apply to information we collect from or about drivers, couriers, partner transportation companies, or any other persons who contract with Bestway Limos to provide vehicles or transportation services (collectively “Suppliers”). If you interact with the Services as both a User and a Supplier, this Policy applies to your use as a User.
Collection of Information
- Information You Provide to Us:
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email address, phone number, postal address, payment method, IP address, operating system, services requested, service notes, and other information you choose to provide.
- Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we along with our Suppliers and third parties with whom we work (e.g. service providers, business partners, advertisers and advertising servers) may, from time to time, place, view, and/or use various electronic tools or other similar authenticating or tracking technologies on your devices’ hard drive to collect information. Through your use of the Services, and the use of the electronic tools and similar technologies, we may collect information from the following categories:
- Transaction Information: We may collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, the Supplier utilized, amount charged, distance traveled, pickup and drop off locations, any promo code used, and other related transaction details.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software and file names and versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, advertising identifiers, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Call and SMS Data: Our Services facilitate communications between Users and Suppliers. In connection with facilitating this service, we may receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we may collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users and Suppliers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages.
- Perform internal operations, includingPerform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Supplier, such as estimated times of arrival (ETAs), or (ii) between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites, or ETA sharing;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Bestway Limos and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards; and
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Policy to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Any personal information you provide to us is kept on secure servers. We use reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures (i) to safeguard personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (ii) to ensure the integrity of the personal information.
Despite our best efforts and those of our Suppliers to protect your personal information, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from us cannot be, and is not, guaranteed. Accordingly, neither Bestway Limos nor its Suppliers are responsible for the security of information transmitted to or from you.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
- Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With Suppliers, specifically those with affiliated websites, platforms, applications, services, and/or portals that are under the common ownership or control of Bestway Limos, to enable them to provide the Services you request. For example, we may share your name, photo (if you provide one), average User rating given by Suppliers, and pickup and/or drop-off locations with Suppliers;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other forums accessible by the general public;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
- With unaffiliated third parties if we believe in good faith that the disclosure is necessary to: (a) comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, government request, and/or other legal process; (b) produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, and/or other legal or administrative proceedings; (c) protect the interests, rights, safety, or property of Bestway Limos, or others; (d) enforce any of our Terms and Conditions; (e) provide you and other users with the Services requested by you and/or the other users, and to perform other activities related to such services and products, including billing and collection; (f) provide you with special offers or promotions from Bestway Limos and its Suppliers that may be of interest to you; and/or (g) operate Bestway Limos’s and its Suppliers’ systems properly.
- Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
- With Bestway Limos subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bestway Limos or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa, as well as rate the Services. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them. Any materials or comments posted by you through any social sharing service are public. As such, Bestway Limos assumes (i) no liability for the accuracy of such materials, ratings, communications and/or comments, (ii) no duty to update, monitor, or correct such materials or comments, and (iii) no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Bestway Limos may, in its sole discretion, delete any materials or comments.
- Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
Your California Privacy Rights
- Your Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 provides you with the right to request certain information regarding disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes, including a description of the categories of personal information, be disclosed. In order to obtain such information, please email your request to email@example.com.
Cookies and Other Identification Technologies
“Cookies” are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, apps, online media, and advertisements. There are different types of cookies. Cookies served by the entity that operates the domain you are visiting are called “first party cookies.” Cookies served by companies that are not operating the domain you’re visiting are called “third party cookies.” For example, if we allow Google to set a cookie on your browser while you visit our website, it would be a third party cookie. Cookies may also endure for different periods of time. “Session Cookies” only last as long as your browser is open. They are deleted automatically once you close your browser. Other cookies are “persistent cookies” meaning that they survive after your browser is closed. For example, they may recognize your device when you re-open your browser.
Other Identification Technologies we may use include, “Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels), which are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser, including for example: device type, operating system, browser type and version, website visited, time of visit, referring website, IP address, and other similar information, including the small text file (the cookie) that uniquely identifies the device. Pixels provide the means by which third parties can set and read browser cookies from a domain that they do not themselves operate and collect information about visitors to that domain, typically with the permission of the domain owner. “Local storage” refers generally to other places on a browser or device where information can be stored by websites, ads, or third parties (such as HTML5 local storage and browser cache).
- Types of Cookies We Use
We may use a number of different types of cookies in providing the Services, as outlined below:
- Authentication Cookies – tell us when you’re logged in, so we can show you the appropriate experience and features such as your account information, trip history, and to edit your account settings.
- Security and Site Integrity Cookies – support or enable security features to help keep Bestway Limos safe and secure. For example, they enable us to remember when you are logged into a secure area of the Services and help protect your account from being accessed by anyone other than you.
- Localization – helps Bestway Limos provide a localized experience. For example, we may store information in a cookie that is placed on your browser or device so you will see the site in your preferred language.
- Advertising – used to deliver relevant ads, track ad campaign performance and efficiency. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information gleaned through these cookies to serve you ads that may be interesting to you on other websites. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service, or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them. For more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web-browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices if you are in the United States.
- Your Choices
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how our Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Services. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser, which are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies, which may be used by us or our partners in connection with our Services.
Use of Information from Individuals Under 18 Years of Age
Changes to the Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information or to the Policy, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.